Essential Questions and Performance Standards:
1. Do I understand how the class guidelines will help me to be successful in science?
2. Can I explain why specific safety guidelines are necessary and will enable me to ensure a safe environment for me and my classmates?
3. Can I demonstrate how I will apply and analyze the content within the 6th Grade Benchmark Standards for Science?
Today in Class:
1. 6th Grade Science Benchmark Assessment – This is a sumative assessment, to check recall and understanding.
2. Most students completed this early, and started the Take Home Task below.
Take Home Tasks:
- Due Wed: Look at this Lab Safety Cartoon. Create a T-Chart (demo in class) of “Positives” and “Negatives” Lab Safety examples. You may refer to your notes. We started this in class because many of you completed your benchmark assessment early.
- [You do not need to answer questions at the bottom of the comic].