1. Describe the origins of pollution in the atmosphere, geosphere, and hydrosphere, (car exhaust, industrial emissions, acid rain, and natural sources), and how pollution impacts habitats, climatic change, threatens or endangers species.
3. Design Solutions to problems using technology.
4. Describe the effect humans and other organisms have on the balance of the natural world.
5. Recognize possible solutions to environmental problems, such as a lack of resources, energy shortages, energy that produces pollution,…
P.EN.M.3 / P.EN.M.4 / E.ES.07.11 / E.ES.M.1/ E.ES.07.41 / E.ES.07.42 / E.ES.07.41 /E.ES.07.42
Sorry this was not posted earlier— The Sustainability Showcase was a huge priority for me – and for all of you students!
BLOCK SCHEDULE…. TODAY IN CLASS:
1.Thursday – prep for the Sustainability Showcase.! Students practiced their presentations and made final changes.
2. Thursday and Friday: Review of the Unit Topics for the Year!
Scientific Method; The Cell & Microbiology; Genetics & Heredity; Waves and Energy; Chemistry; Weather & Atmosphere; Environmental Science and Sustainability
The end-of-the-year assessment should show that you have progressed and learned much in these areas. You should review the topics over the weekend (homework).
3. Green Architecture Designs – complete some fun designs from last week.
Homework: Review of the Unit Topics for the Year! Scientific Method; The Cell & Microbiology; Genetics & Heredity; Waves and Energy; Chemistry; Weather & Atmosphere; Environmental Science and Sustainability. Review the topics over the weekend (30 – 40 minutes of review)
The Sustainability Showcase was a terrific success! Congrats to all of you students who worked so hard for the past 5 weeks! You demonstrated that you learned so much and that you understand the importance of making a positive difference in your community, by partnering with others as you worked on your sustainable projects! I am really proud of you!