1. Describe the origins of pollution in the atmosphere, geosphere, and hydrosphere, (car exhaust, industrial emissions, acid rain, and natural sources), and how pollution impacts habitats, climatic change, threatens or endangers species.
3. Design Solutions to problems using technology.
4. Describe the effect humans and other organisms have on the balance of the natural world.
5. Recognize possible solutions to environmental problems, such as a lack of resources, energy shortages, energy that produces pollution,…
P.EN.M.3 / P.EN.M.4 / E.ES.07.11 / E.ES.M.1/ E.ES.07.41 / E.ES.07.42 / E.ES.07.41 /E.ES.07.42
Today in Class:
1. Students in Hours 1, 2, and 4 completed summary questions on their solar cookers.
You then worked on your Google.slides presentation for the Sustainability Showcase project. See guidelines below. Remember, this is NOT an essay– it is a slide show presentation to showcase your project, your actions that you and your partner took to solve an environmental problem.
2. Hour 3: Awards Ceremony. I did remind you that you need to work on your HW — Google.slides — for the Sustainability Project.
3. Hours 5 and 7: You worked on your Google.slides presentation for the Sustainability Showcase project. See guidelines below. Remember, this is NOT an essay– it is a slide show presentation to showcase your project, your actions that you and your partner took to solve an environmental problem.
Guidelines for the Sustainability Showcase Google.slides
Slide 1: Project Title; student names
Slide 2: Environmental Problem OR Purpose Statement OR Focus of the Project. [1-2 sentences, larger font]
Slides 3-4-5-……. Picture- Slides: slides with your photos documenting your actions and experiments and working models…. These slides should have a title or label (but you do not need to write paragraphs!). If you use photos from the internet, make sure to note URL’s- state your references.
Slides 6-7—…. Graphs? Data Tables? Charts? Diagrams? Maps? Make sure you have a title, labels, correct capitalization, correct units, ….
Last slide or two: Summary of the project, or conclusion of your experiment. What did you learn and how did you partner with the community? Keep these slides short, clear, and to the point. 1-2 sentences.
Homework: Complete your Google.slides presentation (15-20 minutes?)