1. What are positive and negative consequences of using renewable energy?
2. Can you design a working model that uses solar energy and heat transfer?
3. Describe the origins of pollution in the atmosphere, geosphere, and hydrosphere, (car exhaust, industrial emissions, acid rain, and natural sources), and how pollution impacts habitats, climatic change, threatens or endangers species.
4. Design Solutions to problems using technology.
P.EN.M.3 / P.EN.M.4 / E.ES.07.11 / E.ES.M.1 / E.ES.07.41 / E.ES.07.42 / E.ES.07.41 / E.ES.07.42
Today in Class:
1. M-Step in the morning! Math Test 1. Well, the teachers were very happy that so many of you appeared to be working hard and putting effort into your work! That is what you need to do for the rest of the M-Step.
2. 5th and 7th Hours: we had time to work on our solar cookers lab. Most of the groups completed your entire 1st side, the sketch on the back of the solar cooker, and listed the materials. We will make sure that all groups have the sketch of the design completed tomorrow during class, and that your group is all ready to build the Solar Cooker by this Friday (May 12). We should test them next Monday (weather permitting).
3. I reminded you about your homework – first contacts for the Sustainability Projects – assigned last Thursday and Friday)—— due tomorrow.
Homework: first contacts for the Sustainability Projects – assigned last Thursday and Friday)—— due tomorrow. See Monday, May 8 post, and Thursday-Friday (May 4-5) post!