1. Describe how different types of waves vary when they interact with matter.
2. Differentiate between types of waves: mechanical
3. Identify properties and types of waves
4. Relate properties of waves to one another; compare and contrast the types of waves to one another
5. Demonstrate different types of waves; show what happens to amplitude and frequency when a greater force/energy initiates your wave.
P.EN.07.31/ P.EN.07.32/ P.EN.07.33
Today in Class:
1. You watched the video of the Tacoma Narrows bridge, collapsing— “Gallopin’ Gertie.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw
Then you looked at page 23, read and discussed “resonance.” You should have defined this in your notes.
You then completed a “What Stuck With You?” sticky note – with questions about this bridge and resonance.
2. Wave Review: You answered questions by discussing them with your table group and you used the science tools and toys at your table. The questions addressed wave types, wave properties, wave energy interaction, wave parts, relationships between waves,…
Most of the students wrote the answers to the questions, but this is not something you need to complete for points (it is not a graded assignment).
Homework: Study waves – your Flip Notes & Beyond! Wave types, wave properties, wave energy interaction, wave parts, relationships between waves,…