1. Differentiate between physical and chemical properties; identify evidence of chemical and physical changes.
2. Classify substances by their chemical properties (flammability, pH, acid-base indicators, reactivity).
3. Classify matter by types- purity
4. Classify matter by its composition; arrange types of matter from simple to complex
P.PM.M.1 / P.PM.07.11 / P.PM.07.24 / P.PM.07.21 / P.PM.07.22
Today in Class:
1. You took notes and reviewed (once again) chemical and physical changes. You observed and identified evidence of physical changes (paper ripping, paper folded up, paper moved from place to place) and chemical changes (burning paper).
2. Mr. Fowler worked with you to compare and contrast molecular motion and arrangement of molecules in the 3 States of Matter: solid, liquid and gas. You used pennies to quickly(!) illustrate the arrangement and motion of molecules as you completed your graphic organizer.
3. Some classes also worked on the line graph labels that illustrated changes to the States of Matter.
4. Notes that you took will be posted on this Blog (Notes for the Unit) right after I post this!
Homework: Actively Study!! Or Play a Study Game!! Quiz Wednesday: topics include: Types of Matter, Properties of Matter, Chemical and Physical Changes, Density, and Metric Measurement