1. Students classify and correctly group types of matter by their chemical and physical changes which occur
2. Identify evidence of chemical change through color, gas formation, solid formation, and temperature change.
3. Classify matter by its composition; arrange types of matter from simple to complex
P.PM.07.24 / P.PM.07.11 / A.PA.07.01 / P.PM.M. 21
Today in Class:
1. I reviewed how to complete the Chemical and Physical Changes – Evidence Worksheet.
Some of you did not read my Blog Post last Friday (when I had a substitute teacher). So….. please refer to Friday’s post for the websites and extra information.
Today, I went over a couple of examples– the Carbon Snake and Cleaning the Bathtub. You should have filled in –either– evidence of Physical Changes OR Evidence of Chemical Changes. Then you were given time to complete more of these examples in class.
2. Mr. Fowler reviewed Types of Matter, Properties of Matter, Chemical and Physical Changes, Density, and Metric Measurement with the class. You worked on review questions in small groups.
Homework: Actively Study!! Or Play a Study Game!! Quiz Wednesday: topics include: Types of Matter, Properties of Matter, Chemical and Physical Changes, Density, and Metric Measurement
Reminder: What does it mean to Actively Study? (from last Monday, January 30—) “Actively study!! This means to walk around the house and look at many different items, and classify them by their chemical and physical properties, and classify matter by its types of matter …purity of matter= compounds, elements & mixtures.” Also look at the Chemical Changes, Physical Changes evidence, and measure some items using metric units.