1. Differentiate between physical and chemical properties of matter
2. Define Matter; describe classification and grouping strategies for matter. Classify matter by types- purity of matter (compounds, mixtures, elements)
3. Describe density as a property of matter.
4. Use deductive reasoning to explain how to make a golf ball float or sink in water.
P.PM.M.1 / P.PM.07.11 / P.PM.07.24 / P.PM.07.21 / P.PM.07.22
BLOCK SCHEDULE TODAY:
Today in Class:
1. Complete your I Love Density data. Next, you brainstormed with your group — ways to illustrate your data and show the relationships between the different liquids and their density.
2. You took your Chemistry Quiz #1 today– Properties of Matter. You took this online. I will release the scores later this weekend after the rest of the class completes their quiz tomorrow and I have a chance to review the quiz and scores.
3. Today, Mr. Fowler and I set up stations— to meet your needs. Some people went to Red Stations: completing missing work. Some went to the Yellow Stations — reviewing and making up recent assignments. Some students- who had all of their regular labs and activities and all other assignments completed — went to the Green Stations and completed a Challenge activity.
4. Next, you were randomly split up into groups and you and your group brainstormed some more and used deductive reasoning to come up with a Materials List and decide on a Procedure to complete to achieve the same results as you were shown in class.
Bring in a material for your lab Monday. Check what you need to do to catch up and / or stay on top of science…. Study your graphic organizers? Completing your missing HW?
Look up more examples for Types of Matter?