- The parents’ alleles all completed
- The offspring’s alleles are completed (allele pair written in with the correct letters)
- The offspring’s phenotype is written for each trait
- The Dragon Offspring is drawn, colored/shaded
2. You should have completed your Punnett Square Fun WS at this time. If you had any questions, you should have asked one of us.
Many of you had more time, so you started your Punnett Square WS #3 homework.
3. Read pp 93-95; p. 137 reading strategy: Complete Write-Ins. Students read with a partner, reading and answering question.
4. “Build your own Chromosomes” – Mr. Fowler and I referred to the sample pair of chromosomes on page 95. Using this diagram, we all created a pair of chromosomes, which would illustrate dominant/recessive alleles, homozygous and heterozygous alleles, genes, and traits.
–everyone writes the allele pairs in genes of the chromosome pairs
Traits / genes (dominant alleles are underlined)
Widow’s peak / straight hairline (use W or w )
Bent pinkie / straight pinkie ( P or p )
Clasping hands, left thumb on top; clasping hands; right thumb on top ( T or t )
“Free” earlobes / attached earlobes (E or e )
Right handedness / left handedness ( H or h )
Having dimples / no dimples ( D or d )
2nd Toe is the longest / 1st toe is the longest ( O or o )
Nose shape: bump (“Roman nose”) / straight nose ( N or n )