Seminar Video and Write! Directions:
The Inspirational Story Of 9-Year-Old Ezra Frech
Meet Ezra Frech, an incredible young man using sport and inspirational positivity to overcome a physical disability. Ezra has become an “Inspiration” to many who have met him, play sports with him, and watched videos about his life story.
Watch the video.
What does it mean to inspire someone or what does it mean to be an inspiration?
The definition is:
“: to make (someone) want to do something
: to give (someone) an idea about what to do or create
: to cause (something) to happen or be created”
:to influence or impel
:to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does
: to cause someone to have (a feeling or emotion)
NOW: Think about someone who inspires you (fiction or non-fiction) and write a story. Introduce their “person,” note supporting reasons why this person is an inspiration and sum up the story; two paragraph minimum (7-8 sentence minimum).
Students should first draw a diagram or graphic organizer – how they will organize their story.
Option: You may choose to write a story / paper how you can inspire others to do great things. Again— 7-8 sentences, supporting details,…
- Practice correct use of the microscope, demonstrating understanding of use of tools appropriate to the investigation.
- Recognize that cells located in different parts of the human body appear specialized due to their individual functions.
- Use collaborative discussion to check how accurately students write scientific observations, with details.
Today in Class:
- Complete the Microscope Lab #4 – Human Body Cells . Students move station to station to practice focusing the microscope on low, medium and high power objectives.
- Then students write 3-4 details – scientific observations about the human body cells.
3. Cell Process Videos: watch & take Notes: 3-2-1
What are 3-2-1 Notes?
Name the Process (ONE Page per process!)
2- Diagrams (label?)
1 – Question
- Simple Diffusion, Passive Transport:
2. Simple Osmosis showing how large molecules cannot go through
3. Endo- and Exocytosis
4. Active and Passive Transport
- If you and your partner did not complete watching the above videos , complete watching these and take 3-2-1 Notes as you go.
- If you are done watching these videos, study cell process notes (Sports Study).