****Sorry I could not update this site earlier; I had two meetings after school.
1.Generate scientific questions based on observations and experiences.
2. Identify wise and careful use of scientific materials and procedures during investigations and experiments.
3. Students make comparisons between different lab situations and identify patterns in data.
S.IP.07.16 / S.IA.07.12 / S.IP.M.1 / S.IP.07.11 / S.IP.07.12 S.RS.07.16
Today in Class:
1. You should have reviewed your Lincs cards. You should have 21-22 cards, depending on how you made your Independent Variable card last week.
2. Next, we completed the final Lab Safety notes. All of these notes – all of the notes for this section – are on the “Notes for the Unit” page on this Blog.
3. We then reviewed together, as a large group. The most common questions that you students had were about Types of Experiments (Independent Variable, Dependent Variable, Control Experiment).
4. Fourth, I checked your homework from last night. The biggest stumbling block for some of you was that you had a hard time thinking outside of the box,….. trying to come up with an experiment with Gummy Bears that was different from other’s ideas was a challenge for you! After I checked your HW, I placed you into groups for the Gummy Bear Lab. You and your group had a little time to start talking about your HW- your ideas- for the Gummy Bear Lab. We will work on this a lot more tomorrow.
Study for your Quiz tomorrow– study the notes on your Lincs Cards– Lab Safety, Scientific Method, Types of Experiments,….