Today in Class:
1. Apply the steps of the Scientific Method to the Frisbee Experiment, especially by following the Procedure in the Experiment, and in measuring and Recording Data
2. Identify the need for evidence in making scientific decisions
3. Generate scientific questions on regarding flight and wind resistance based on observations, investigations, and research
4. Use metric measurement devices in an investigation
S.IP.07.11 / S.IP.07.12 / S.IP.07.13 / S.IP.07.14 / S.IP.07.16 / S.IA.07.13 / S.IA.07.14 / S.RS.07.13
Today In Class:
1.Students reviewed Lincs Cards / notes. There will be a quiz on the Scientific Method Wednesday.
2. I re-checked the Gather Information. A big concern is with students who are not keeping up with their homework in science. This section was due last Friday.
3. Students chose their roles / jobs for the lab. The roles for this lab are: Leader, Recorder, Measure-er, Runner, Thrower. Students moved into their groups and started reading and discussing the procedure. Next, you were to write out the materials, including the measurements (diameters) for the Frisbees. Third, the students discussed the correct form for a Hypothesis, and then students wrote this.
4. We reviewed the Scientific Method as a class. The questions I asked your class would be sample questions for a quiz.
5. I explained to bring in (1) 355mL can of soda – or pop – for another investigation that will run Wed-Thursday. You do not have to drink the pop when the lab is through. This will be used for the next experiment- and this is one that YOU will write a short procedure along with other steps of the lab.
Homework: Please look at #5 above, and bring in a can of pop by Wednesday. ALSO::: Please complete your Late “Gather Information” section of the Frisbee Lab. We will complete this experiment tomorrow.