1.Identify patterns in data. S.IP.07.16
2. Design and conduct scientific investigations. S.IP.07.16
Today in Class:
1.We checked the Practice Scientific Method WS#1 (“Sleeping Frog”).
2. Next, you watched a video- Science Tuesdays – Swirling Milk Experiment – watched it twice and then completed an Entrance Ticket – “What Stuck With You?” set of questions. These kind of mini-checks will help me and help you to see if you understand the major points of the content.
3. You completed the final Sci Method WS #1 — you should have been able to successfully answer the questions identifying the steps of the Sci Method in a real-lab situation.
4. We played a quick review game in most of the classes (had time).
5. I explained the unconventional HW — we will be completing a “Gum Experiment” next week.
Homework: Please bring an unopened pack of gum, with 5-6 pieces or more. Bring the gum Monday or Tuesday morning. You volunteered to bring a specific time of gum 🙂
***7th Hour: Choose a type of gum – mint, bubble gum, fruit, cinnamon, or a type of sugared gum. Your class is catching up due to the magazine sale.