- Demonstrate understanding and comprehension of the standards and concepts that will be taught in 7th grade
- Describe and explain: STEM — what are the branches of STEM?
- What is the Engineering component of STEM ? Why is this component always shown in a circular pattern?
Today in Class:
- Classes completed the Pre-Assessment for 7th Grade Science… phew! This took students about 3/4 of the class.
- Most of the classes then started to discuss… “What does STEM stand for? What is one/two words that helps to describe engineering? Words that students came up with were… prototype…. create… design… build… customize…model… solve problems… fix things, fix problems…find solutions… Terrific descriptions!
- Next, I showed the class an Engineering Process graphic organizer. Most of the students started this; we will complete these tomorrow in class. (I place notes that we take on the “Notes of the Unit” pages of this blog- in case you wanted to look ahead).
Homework: No Homework today.