1. Compare and contrast the difference and relationship between climate and weather
2. Analyze the flow of water between the components of a watershed, including surface features (lakes, streams, rivers, wetlands) and groundwater.
3. Analyze graphs and explain their meanings. Compare data in graphs . Students will be able to discuss the 4 GCC graphs, using background knowledge (weather, climate) to substantiate their answers.
E.ES.07.71 / S.IA.07.11 / S.IA.07.14 / E.ES.07.81 / E.ES.07.82
Today in Class:
1. The Sustainability Center Invite was shown and this date was discussed. Make sure that you check your gmail, students! You should be sharing this with your parents and any professional that is helping you to “solve your problem.”
2. Students completed the Water Cycle worksheet. You were encouraged to refer to your Water Cycle worksheet and demonstrate your understanding of this continuous process and the places that water will travel.
3. You should have created a Venn Diagram or T-Chart – to compare and contrast climate and weather. Then we discussed how important it is to differentiate between climate and weather when discussing Global Climate Change.
Homework: Make sure to look over that fun list from your 7th Grade Team. Tomorrow is SuperHeroes taking the M-Step! Wear your favorite superhero cape or costume as you master this test!