Daily Objectives—- Essential Questions:
1.What does “sustainable” mean?
2 .How can we achieve a sustainable energy environment?
3. What is “sustainable energy?”
4. What are examples of renewable or sustainable energy?
Today in Class:
1 Students move into groups of 3 or 2. Each group has a small whiteboard and marker. The students brainstorm ideas to answer the Objectives / / Questions and list thoughts, phrases, & examples on their whiteboard.
3. After 5-6 minutes, groups hold whiteboards so other groups/students can see their ideas as they share.
4. Students remind one another of the 3 components of sustainability: economic, environmental, and social.
5. They share the definition of sustainability that helped them to understand this concept the best ( the African Delegate to Johannesburg) —
“Enough- for all – Forever.”
1. Save 1/2 Gallon milk or juice boxes
2. Select a website to explore and write a new fact, idea, concepts that you learned Write these ideas on 4 x 6 card
Use laptop to explore various websites to double check real-world examples of sustainable energy
- http://newpowertour.com/ New Power Tour, Inc
- http://www.energy.gov/energysaver/energy-saver US Department Of Energy
3. https://www.pacificpower.net/env/index.html Pacific Power
4. http://www.nrel.gov/ National renewable Energy Laboratory,
5. http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy15osti/62580.pdf 2013 Renewable Energy Databook
6. http://www.dsireusa.org = DSIRE
Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency®