1. Differentiate between physical and chemical properties
2. Define Matter; describe classification and grouping strategies for matter
3. Differentiate between physical and chemical properties
4. Classify substances by their states of matter
5. Classify matter by types- purity
P.PM.M.1 / P.PM.07.11 / P.PM.07.24 / P.PM.07.21 / P.PM.07.22
Today in Class:
- I gave you an in-class assignment to classify 10 type of matter by their chemcial and physical properties. You were able to refer to your graphic organizer – Types of Matter. We then proceeded to correct this and discuss. Quite a few of you did not perform well. If this is the case, then please make sure you are actively reviewing and studying these properties, as I stated for HW Thursday (see suggestions on the Blog, Thurs. HW).
- Notes – Types of Matter, Chemical and Physical Properties, and we started States of Matter in most classes.
Homework: Read pages 8-13– your choice of reading strategy (read out loud with a partner, sticky note reading, complete the write-ins,…). You should have this section read by Tuesday; I am assigning it today, so you have the choice to read over the weekend or Monday night.