1. Infer parents’ genotype and phenotype by observing one parent and offspring
2. Differentiate between asexual and sexual division
3. Identify the need for evidence in making scientific decisions.
4. Demonstrate scientific concepts through various illustrations
S.RS.07.13 / S.RS.07.15 / L.HE.07.21 / L.OL.07.32
Today in Class:
- I passed back the Mitosis / Cell Cycle WS. Keep reviewing, studying, and asking questions! Extra study session, Tuesday @ lunch.
- QUIZ Wednesday- Mitosis, Cell Cycle, Genetics, Heredity, Traits, Inference,. Mendel
- You and a partner noted 5 inferences about the ‘father’ koala bear – who was absent from the photo on page 70. We discussed the meaning of inferences again and related it to Genetics and Heredity.
- Notes today – Genetics, heredity, Traits, Mendel’s pea plants,…
Read pages 72, 74-76 and fill in a Hamburger reading frame strategy. You also had the choice to use a basic frame or to make your own frame. ***Remember: you are to write the main idea of the reading section in the top frame-just a phrase – and then note key concepts, with a short phrase for each in each frame. Do not write full sentences, … do not write full paragraphs! This is a reading strategy, not an assignment to write a big essay. 🙂