1. Conduct science investigations using appropriate tools and techniques— microscopes, appropriate to the scientific investigation.
2. Recognize that all organisms are composed of cells.
S.IP.07.13 / S.RS.07.15 / L.OL.07.21
Today in Class:
- We reviewed how to draw with detail, and reviewed the parts of a microscope.
- You were given time to continue with the “Sticky Note” Reading Strategy – reading pages 12- 15; 18-19, 20-21. You had about 15-20 minutes to read the text carefully and write important concepts and their definitions from your reading on a sticky note.
- Next: Microscope Lab: Practice #2. You had the chance to look at some very fantastic specimen on slides, such as different pollens, insect legs and wings, various spores, animal hairs, …! This was really cool and your microscope observations and drawings looked terrific! You should have completed 2 observations/drawings.
Homework: Sports Study: Study the microscope parts, guidelines for using microscopes.