1. Conduct science investigations using appropriate tools and techniques— microscopes, appropriate to the scientific investigation.
2. Recognize that all organisms are composed of cells.
Today in Class:
- Students reviewed the parts of the microscope.
- Next, we went over the notes for using microscopes safely, and to help you have successful microscope llabs. These notes have already been placed on the “Notes for the Unit” page on this site.
- You then participated in the Ripped Paper Activity: students viewed various types of ripped paper using hand lenses (5x and 10x). You then looked at these same paper edges under the microscope – 40x. You started drawing these types of paper and noted how detailed the ripped edges looked like using the microscopes!
Homework: Sports Study: Study the microscope parts, guidelines for using microscopes.