- Design and conduct scientific investigations
- Identify wise and careful use of scientific materials, and procedures during investigations and experiments
- Demonstrate scientific concepts through various illustrations, performances, models, performances, models, tables, graphs,…
S.IP.07.12 / S.IP.07.13 / S.IP.07.15 / S.IA.07.13 / S.RS.07.15
Today in Class:
- Students should have completed their Independent and Dependent Variable worksheet (started yesterday).
- Next, student groups demonstrated that they had all or most of their Gummy Bear Pre-Lab completed. Then, they brought needed materials (measurement materials) to their tables and began their experiments. Most groups had time to run through the first set of trials for their experiment. Some of your groups changed the procedure as they decided how they would run their experiments.
- You should have added materials on your list and added steps to your procedures as you decided these were necessary.
- If your Gather Information section was not yet completed before class, you and your group should have been discussing which science concepts you should write and define by Thursday.
- Study the Scientific Method and Types of Experiments notes using your Links cards. Study the Lab Safety notes as well. (15-20 minutes). Unit Test next week Tuesday (10/20).
- If you came to class unprepared or behind, then you should finish the classwork (that you did not complete during class when you had time)….