1. Demonstrate scientific concepts through various illustrations, performances, models, exhibits, and activities.
2. Apply the steps of the Scientific Method (especially Hypothesis and – Record/Analyze Data) to the Gum Experiment.
Today in Class:
- Students worked in their groups as they ran through the Gum Lab Experiment. Most groups chewed 3 or 4 types of gum today and recorded their data. Students continued to work on their graphs in class. You were shown examples of graphs from past students.
- As you recorded the data, you should have read through the “Graph Checklist.” You also had time to study and ask questions and answers to review the Scientific Method within your group. You were reminded that we have a quiz tomorrow.
- I reveiwed with hours 1-4 and the substitute for 5-7 hours also reviewed with your classes.
Homework: Study for 15-20 minutes tonight, refer to your Scientific Method notes. Quiz #1 tomorrow! If you like an extra review or more practice questions, I will be reviewing with students beofre school tomorrow in my room, 7:25-7:40am. This is open to anyone who wants to come in and study. 🙂