1. Demonstrate scientific concepts through various illustrations, performances, models, exhibits, and activities.
2. Apply the steps of the Scientific Method (especially Procedure- Method and Record/Analyze Data) to the Off Target Experiment.
S.IP.07.11 / S.IP.07.12 / S.IP.07.13 / S.IP.07.14 / S.IP.07.16 / S.IA.07.13 / S.IA.07.14 / S.RS.07.15
Today in Class
1. Students were given time to review and study the Scientific Method notes with a partner. At this time, the notes were checked for accuracy and completeness.
2. Students discussed and brainstormed: what would be some of the scientific concepts that would help us to write an effective conclusion. Students came up with 6-10 different concepts and wrote these on the SmartBoard. Next, partners shared and critiqued (verbally) a practice Conclusion. Then the students individually wrote a final conclusion on their Off Target lab paper.
3. Students turned in their Scientific Method WS.
4. Homework – watching the video (see below) was discussed.
Students relate short video clip experiment to the Scientific Method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFwDaR1g70
Watch the video and think about which steps of the Scientific Method are shown or demonstrated. (You do not have to write this down)