Explain how human activities (surface mining, deforestation, overpopulation, construction and urban development, farming, dams, landfills, and restoring natural areas) change the surface of the Earth and affect the survival of organisms.
Describe the origins of pollution in the atmosphere, geosphere, and hydrosphere, (car exhaust, industrial emissions, acid rain, and natural sources), and how pollution impacts habitats, climatic change, threatens or endangers species.
Compare and contrast the difference and relationship between climate and weather
1. Describe the atmosphere as a mixture of gasses.
2. Compare and contrast the composition of the atmosphere at different elevations.
3. Atmosphere- The atmosphere is a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen and trace gases that include water vapor. The atmosphere has different physical and chemical composition at different elevations.
E.FE.07.11 / E.FE.07.12 / E.FE.M.1
Today in Class:
1. You took your 2-part quiz on the Water Cycle, the atmosphere, clous, climate vs weather
2. I reminded you that you have the following tests coming up for the end of the year
May 29 3rd Trimester Assessment
June 1-2 End of the Year 7th Grade Benchmark Assessment
3. More reminders about Late / missing HW: this is all due by next Thursday, May 28.
Homework: Study 20 minutes. You should have all of the notes for the 3rd Trimester, but I also have these notes on my Notes of the Unit page, and have links on my daily entries for my Blog.