1. Explore: Energy Transfer- Energy is transferred from a source to a receiver by radiation, conduction, and convection. When energy is transferred from a source to a receiver, the quantity of energy before the transfer is equal to the quantity of energy after the transfer.
2. Explain how light energy is transferred to chemical energy through the process of photosynthesis.
3. Solar Energy Effects- Nuclear reactions take place in the sun producing heat and light. Only a tiny fraction of the light energy from the sun reaches Earth, providing energy to heat the Earth
4. Identify that nuclear reactions take place in the sun, producing heat and light.
5. Explain how only a tiny fraction of light energy from the sun is transformed to heat energy on Earth.
P.EN.07.31 / P.EN.07.32 / P.EN.07.33 / P.EN.M.3/ P.EN.M.4 / P.EN.07.61 / P.EN.07.62
Today in Class:
1. You completed your Solar Eenergy Insect Pre-Lab: you should have written your Hypothesis, State the Problem, Materials and Procedure. You should also have a few concepts listed in the Gather Information section. Think about listing some ideas from this past energy unit. You might chose to search “how solar toys work” or “how solar cells work” to find a concept that would help you to explain your results tomorrow.
2. You worked with your partners/team for this experiment.
3. We should complete this experiment tomorrow– depending how sunny it is tomorrow!
Homework: Complete Procedure and Materials from the lab sheet IF you did not complete these in class. List 2-3 terms in Gather Information.