1. Demonstrate how waves transfer energy when they interact with matter (for example: tuning fork in water, waves hitting a beach, earthquake knocking over buildings).
2. Select and apply waves concepts to a specific sound or light wave demonstration
3. Correctly match wave concepts to a specific demonstration of a wave type
4. Describe how waves are produced by vibrations in matter.
P.EN.07.31 / P.EN.07.32 / P.EN.07.33
Today in Class:
1. You should have completed your search of different examples of wave demonstrations (book, internet) and selected a demonstration that will effectively illustrate 5+ concepts that we just covered in notes / reading this week. (1st 15 minutes)
2. Students next completed the Wave Demo WS – this should help to organize your thoughts and help you to make an effective plan for your demo. You should have noted which materials you will need as well.
*** When you locate a demo you would like to show the class, record it on the Google.docs sheet for your class.
HomeworK: Just prepare for your Wave Demo- do you need to gather materials? Do you need to practice what you will say when you demonstrate your wave?