1. Describe how wave speed and wave frequency are related
2. Identify examples of waves, including sound waves, seismic waves, and waves on water.
3. Describe how waves are produced by vibrations in matter.
P.EN.07.31 / P.EN.07.32 / P.EN.07.33
Today in Class:
1. You completed: Wave Frequency, Wavelength and Speed table – p. 14
2. Students discussed relationship between wave frequency, wavelength, and speed of a wave. Students noted that waves travelling through the same medium will have the same speed (are constant), and that sound waves travel faster in water than they do in the air).
3. Scavenger Hunt Notes: You referred to a list of terms (see Notes for This Unit page on this site, pages 17….. ) related to waves, and wave energy: partners search for the concepts from your text.
Homework: No HW – except to study for the Quiz #1 – Waves— wave parts, wave properties and wave types — Quiz Wed.