1. Describe how waves vary
2. Differentiate between types of waves
3. identify properties and types of waves
4. Demonstrate different types of waves; show what happens to amplitude and frequency when a greater force/energy initiates your wave.
P.EN.07.31 / P.EN.07.32 / P.EN.07.33
Today in Class:
1. We completed out notes – waves properties, types and parts of a wave.
2. Students used Slinkies to demonstrate different types of waves, wave properties and the relationship of the change on energy to those properties.
Students referred to the website below as they looked at how to vary amplitude and frequency of a wave.
Awesome interactive site for Transverse and Longitudinal Waves: http://zonalandeducation.com/mstm/physics/waves/transLongWaves/transAndLongWavesHome.htm
1. You could practice the same activity that we completed in class today with the website above– if you need to practice working with wave amplitude and wave frequency.