1. Describe how Mendeleev predicted and ordered the elements as he created the Periodic Table
2. Point out methods of organization on the current Periodic Table: Describe how elements in the P. Table are organized (common properties, metals, non-metals, reactive metals,…)
P.PM.07.21 / P.PM.07.22 / P.PM.07.23
Today in Class:
1. Students utilize a reading strategy— pp. 80-87 to that helps them to understand the text concerning the Periodic Table. Students chose to either take notes by using: Sticky Note Reading; Answer the Questions in the Text; complete a Hamburger Frame or other Frame; Complete I Read, I Understand.
2. Students reviewed their reading of atoms, molecules, elements and compounds by re-reading pp. 9-15.
3. I also reminded you of the upcoming days’ work:
Wed: Check our notes on the P. Table; do a little “fun” check on a special super element
Thurs: Make a model of a molecule, a compound…
Friday and next Monday: review
Tues: 2nd Trimester Assessment
Wed.: Measurement Lab # 2
Bring in items Thursday to help build models of molecules / compounds. Items could include: jelly candies, spice drops, mini and large marshmallows, clay (I have plenty of clay), … anything that a toothpick will stick into. These are due Thursday.