1. Describe density as a property of matter
2. Use deductive reasoning to explain how to make a golf ball sink or float in water
3. Draw conclusions from sets of data from multiple trials of a scientific investigation to draw conclusions.
4. Classify substances by their chemical and physical properties
5. Evaluate scientific explanations based on current evidence and scientific principles.
S.IP.07.11 / P.PM.07.24 / S.IP.07.12 / S.RS.07.15 S.RS.07.14 / P.PM.07.11 S.IA.07.14
Today in Class:
1. Students moved into a new seating arrangement
2. Students discussed their “Gather Information” concepts with the class- compared notes.
3. Students discussed their results and the materials used to attempt to make the golf ball float.
4. Students wrote a conclusion, based on their concepts and feedback from the class groups.
5. Students took notes on Chemical and Physical Properties, Types of Matter, (Elements, Compounds, Mixtures) . These notes are updated on my “Notes” page on this blog 🙂
1. Complete your “do -overs” for the Gather Information and the conclusion, if you did not complete this during class.
2. Complete the WS” Compounds, Mixtures, Elements (abbreviated labels are ok – C, E, Het M, Hom M ) *****4th Hour- you need to copy the notes you did not complete during class. I will get you caught up during class tomorrow.***