1. Differentiate between asexual and sexual division
2. Identify the various male / female flower parts and the roles that they play in sexual reproduction
3. Demonstrate understanding of Mendel’s experiments and related concepts
4. Infer parents’ genotype and phenotype by observing one parent and offspring.
L.HE.07.21 / L.HE.07.22 / L.OL.07.31 / L.OL.07.32 / S.RS.07.15
Today in Class:
It was nice seeing all of you back from Break today 🙂 I am glad that so many of you had a nice time during these past couple of weeks.
1. We reviewed: Cross Pollination and the Male and Female parts of a flower; genotype, phenotype, dominant & recessive, alleles, genes, chromosomes; traits; acquired & inherited traits,…
2. Notes: Punnett Squares- just the introduction with a few examples,… much practice and fun examples will follow this week. 🙂
3. Many classes had the time to check – and improve your Acquired vs Inherited Google.docs slide presentation…. for directions, check my Blog, Dec. 19.
Homework: No HW… If you were absent the last few days before Winter Break began, come on into my room tomorrow at lunch, I will be going over the Flower & Fruit Lab Part 2 /3 with those who did not get a chance to complete the activity. (I will give you a Hot Lunch pass if you need one).