1. Infer parents’ genotype and phenotype by observing one parent and offspring
2. Differentiate between asexual and sexual division
3. Describe the role Mendel played in understanding heredity.
L.HE.07.21 / L.OL.07.31 / L.OL.07.32
Today in Class:
1. Bell Ringer – create your own “Hamburger Frame” to use as a reading strategy to list key facts and supporting details, while reading pp. 74-75, and if time, pp. 76-77.
2. Notes: Mendel used pea plants to study Genetics & why; asexual vs. sexual Venn diagram; traits…
3. Students use homework WS : Traits Survey– to discuss and answer questions – what are their traits; this WS will go home to check for common family traits
Homework: Complete the Trait Survey– survey 4 people at home (may be family members, extended family; neighbors, friends -not 7th grade AMS students)