1. Describe how cells in all multicellular organisms are specialized and each part of the cell has a specialized function
2. Explain role of cell membrane as a selective barrier; describe types of cell transport
3. Explain roles various cell structures and functions as they relate to cell transport
4. Recognize the need for light to provide energy for the production of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
5. Explain that carbon dioxide and water are used to produce carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
6 Describe evidence that plants make, use and store food.
7. Explain and relate the Scientific method to all of the labs and activities that we have completed thus far.
Today in Class:
1. You reviewed the Scientific Method in partners… this will be on your assessment Friday.
2. Partners reviewed Photosynthesis — again, on your Trimester Assessment.
3. Then you made a couple of cells with clay, reviewing cell structures and functions 🙂 Great Job!
4. You were also given a due date (Wed. or Thursday) for your Study Game! This is going to be fun 🙂 I can’t wait to see your games, and it will be a terrific chance to review with your classmates!
I will be checking the next set of Study Game Q & A tomorrow. [ You should have had about 45+ by the end of last week; you were given lot of time to work on these in the past few weeks. ] Your 1st Trimester Assessment is this Friday, as was announced over a week ago. Topics that will be on this assessment are:
- Scientific Method (understanding of each of the steps; application of the S.Method to any labs and activities)
- Lab Safety Guidelines
- Cell Theory ( all living things are made up of cells; unicellular vs multicellular; levels of organization— cells– tissues–organs–systems)
- Cell Structures and Functions (cell organelles, different functions; differences in cells due to different functions and different organisms)
- Cell Processes (active vs passive transport; diffusion and osmosis; photosynthesis)
- Microscope Use (parts of he microscope and correct use and safety guidelines in using a microscope)