Objectives for Learning:
1. Describe how waves are produced by vibrations in matter. 2. Demonstrate different types of waves, wave properties, wave types, wave components 3. Determine the speed of a wave, if frequency and wavelength are known. 4. Identify patterns in data. 5. Analyze information from data tables and graphs to answer scientific questions.
P.EN.07.31 / P.EN.07.32 / S.IP.07.16 / S.IA.07.11
1. We completed the Wavelength, Frequency & Speed activity. Students used the formula S = λ x f Then we discussed and answered questions about the table, analyzing the data.
2. Students began demonstrating their sound / light / mechanical water wave demos in groups. They discussed the concepts shown.
1. Read pages 65 – 79. Use a reading strategy to read the text effectively. If you did not complete the 3 Questions assigned with the past reading assignment, you should complete 3 Questions on Sticky notes by Monday for this new reading selection.
2. Coming up: Waves and their Properties Quiz #1: Wednesday, March 26th. Waves and the Electromagnetic Spectrum, Waves Quiz #2 will be Wednesday, April 2nd.